Dixons Unity Academy is very proud of its strict dress code, which fosters a spirit of unity and enables or students to be smart and prepared for the world of work. At the bottom of this page, you can download a useful visual guide to our uniform expectations.
- Dixons Unity students must wear plain black trousers. No jean, leggings, skinny fit trousers, tight fitting trousers, tracksuit bottoms, shorts or skirts. Jeans are defined as trousers with patch pockets and rivets. Trousers should not trail on the floor.
- Plain white collared shirt or blouse.
- Academy navy blue jumper (Year 10 and 11) or Academy grey jumper (Year 7,8,9). (The academy jumper is optional.)
- Green Academy tie.
- Academy blazer with green piping (navy blue Year 10 and 11) or (grey Year 7,8,9).
- Plain black socks
- Plain black shoes with no motifs (trainers, boots and pumps are not suitable). Students wearing the wrong footwear will be asked to change into academy footwear.
- Students can opt to wear plain black salwar kameez or tunic with a white blouse/shirt, green academy tie with the academy blazer over the top.
- Hijabs, scarves, turbans, crowns and top knots, worn for religious reasons, must be plain black and well secured.
- No jewellery, other than a wristwatch. No earrings or bracelets are to be worn. Piercings of nose or tongue are not permitted.
- No make-up in Years 7 and 8 with only ‘moderate’ make-up in Years 9,10 and 11. This includes false nails, nail varnish. No unnatural hair colouring is permitted.
- Academy navy polo shirt.
- Academy navy quarter zip up long sleeve top (Optional).
- Academy navy shorts
- Academy navy tracksuit bottoms (optional)
- Trainers (indoor and outdoor)
- Academy navy socks