The academy coordinates with Leeds City Council in relation to admissions. For a place at Dixons Unity, parents should contact Michelle Heaton at the academy, or the Leeds City Council Admissions team.
We have a Published Admission Number (PAN) of 240 students for entry in Year 7. This means that we will admit at least 240 students in each year group if sufficient applications are received. If 240 or fewer applications are made, we will admit all applicants.
Students will be admitted without reference to ability or aptitude. Where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will apply in the order set out below, to decide which children will be offered places.
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school.
- Children in public care (looked-after children).
- Children living in the school’s priority admission area who have an older brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission.
- Other children living in the school’s priority admission area.
- Children who live outside the priority area who have an older brother or sister attending from the same address at the time of admission.
- Children who live outside the priority area. Children are admitted in the order of proximity of the child’s home address to the school. Proximity will be determined by a measured straight line on a map by an electronic Geographical Information System (GIS) from the front entrance of the school.
Year 7 intake in September 2020
Details of the admissions arrangements are given in the Admissions & Appeals Policy which can be found in the Downloads section below. Please note that the Policy relates only to the admission year stated on the document and is subject to change in future years.
In Year admissions
If you would like to transfer your child to Dixons Unity during the academic year, you should complete an "In-year common preference form". This can be found in the downloads below or from the main reception at the academy.
In-year transfers will be reviewed by a member of the Senior Leadership Team and admission will be dependent upon student circumstances and information provided by the current school.
Transfers will either be accepted by the academy, or referred to the Fair Access Panel at Leeds City Council.